Improve your posture and your six-pack with this simple but solid core workout
Want to improve your posture and hone your six-pack this summer? Try fitness coach, Rudi Witkowsky’s, killer core workout and expect *serious* results!
The work-from-home movement might be great for lifestyle flexibility, but it’s not doing our postures any favours! According to one survey, around 72% of remote employees work from their beds. Many have also become more idle from not having to get to, or work in, an office environment. The result? The withering away of any previous muscle definition. Sucks!
But what if I told you there were 60-second workouts that target your core to improve both your posture and your six-pack? Your response should be: ‘let’s get moving!’ Here’s how to work your core for killer abs.
Rudi’s Killer Core Workout
Routine #1: The Side-Plank Crunch
What It Does What’s great about these moves is that they work multiple muscle groups at the same time. These include your core, arms, back and glutes. It benefits your body by strengthening your core muscles and your obliques.
How To Do It
1. Get into the position of a side forearm plank, or traditional side plank.
2. Support yourself on one forearm with your legs outstretched, feet stacked and hips raised.
3. Hold your top arm behind your head.
4. Bend your top legs and raise them to meet the same elbow while keeping your body stable and in a straight line.
5. Bring leg and arm back to the starting position in a steady controlled motion.
6. Change on to the other side and repeat. Do this for 60 seconds.
Routine #2: Advanced Core Extension
What It Does This routine helps lets you kick it up a notch and develop your core even more. Not only will this help your posture and define your six-pack but will improve your balance and stability as well.
How To Do It
1. Lie flat on your back.
2. Raise your body, almost like you would for a glute bridge, so that both your hands and feet are all flat on the ground.
3. Raise your left leg with your foot pointed to the sky and use your right hand to reach and touch the left foot.
4. Repeat the above with alternate leg and arm and increase the speed.
5. Do this for 60 seconds for an advanced core workout.
Don't forget to rehydrate with a cold Castle Free. You've earned it!
NEED A NEW WORK OUT?
POP IN YOUR EMAIL AND DETAILS AND WE WILL SEND YOU A FREE WORKOUT PLANSIGN UP
Build big biceps and a strong upper body with these easy exercisesfitness
Fitness expert, Rudi Witkowsky, shares his complete back workout for your upper + lower backfitness
The ideal post-COVID recovery workout to get *strong* strong legsfitness
World MTB champion Greg Minnaar's Top SA Trailshealth
6 Top-Rated and Totally Free Cycling Training Appsfitness
I Went Vegan and Lifted Heavy Weights for 6 Monthsculture
MVP Dale Leisegang Reveals the Secret to His Successhealth
Burn Fat, Build Strength and Get Lean in Just 6 Weeks