12 podcasts to make you think smarter in 2022
Looking for listening material to expand your mind and help you think smarter this year, and always? Add these 12 podcasts to your list for interesting insights and information.
Need new listening material to kickstart a new year? These 12 podcasts will make you think smarter this year, and beyond (and are all available on Spotify for your listening pleasure!).
1. Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris. Want to inject more positivity into your life? This host chats to experts across the scientific and medical community on ways to rewire our brains for happiness.
2. No Such Thing As A Fish. Facts made fun is what this award-winning podcast is all about. The panel discuss interesting things they’ve learnt during the week and deliver them in a laugh-out-loud way.
3. The Money Show. An area of our lives where we should *all* be thinking smarter is when it comes to our cash. This homegrown show offers interesting insights to help you make informed financial choices.
4. Louder Than A Riot. This podcast explores the power of the music industry and the intersection between mass incarceration and the rise of hip-hop by examining the story of iconic artists.
5. Super Lead. Want to hone or nurture your leadership skills? In this podcast, the hosts talk to influential African leaders and get their insights on how to be a positive force in the workplace.
6. Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Follow this late, great gonzo chef and travel writer and cultural explorer on his journeys across the globe as he talks about and ponders on food, politics and people.
7. Science VS. There are *always* fads and trends doing the rounds. This easy-to-follow show breaks them down to find out if there is anything truth behind the claims, according to science.
8. How I Built This with Guy Raz. In this podcast, you get to hear from some of the greatest entrepreneurial minds on how they established some of the world’s biggest companies. Take notes!
9. Sleep With Me. Getting enough good-quality shut-eye is crucial for optimal brain functioning. If you struggle to nod off, listen to this podcast at bedtime to relax you and aid in sleeping.
10. Philosophize This! The subject of philosophy is an old and complicated one but still relevant. This show is beginner-friendly and will have you understanding complicated concepts in just a few minutes a day.
11. TED Talks Daily. The world is filled with incredible people and industry experts who have done inspiring things or have ideas worth sharing. Check in for your daily dose of motivation and faith in humanity!
12. Freakonomics Radio. This show makes understanding socioeconomic issues easy. It exposes the hidden side of things in an interesting way while busting popular myths and revealing hard truths.
NEED A NEW WORK OUT?
POP IN YOUR EMAIL AND DETAILS AND WE WILL SEND YOU A FREE WORKOUT PLANSIGN UP
This local artist’s date night playlist is one you’ll put on repeatculture
6 Key Clothing Items Every Gent Should Have in His Wardrobeculture
The best portable speakers on the market for at-home entertainingculture
SA Songs to Turn Up in the AM to Power Up Your Dayculture
Turn Up These Tunes at Your Next Sunday Braai Sessionculture
MVP Dale Leisegang Reveals the Secret to His Success